Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Getting There

Just a quick update on the Jenkins MBA full-time class of 2012.

We felt pretty overwhelmed our first semester but I think we all finally adjusted nicely towards the middle and end of the semester. It turns out, our second semester is nearly twice as demanding. That's probably an exaggeration but that's how it feels right now. We stay pretty busy with readings, case studies, projects, and career fairs. The surprising thing about it all though is that it's still pretty fun. I really do enjoy the classroom interaction with the professors and every day I learn so much more that will eventually help me when I get back into the workforce.

Today we all attended the Carolina MBA connection, a career fair that caters to MBA students in the top 4 MBA programs in North Carolina. Sometimes these feel like a cattle call but they do have their place and are of some benefit when that internship offer or job offer finally comes through.

I'm definitely putting in longer hours during my MBA than when I was working full time but the potential pay off in my career trajectory is worth it I think. My advice to you is if you are considering pursuing an MBA degree, be prepared to stay very busy but expect to enjoy the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment